The first tournament for Season 2 in SpellForce 3! $100 and 750 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
Starting on Sunday, September 11 at 4 PM GMT. Bracket will be locked at 3:45 PM GMT, making signing up impossible.
Please note this is a ONE DAY EVENT. You must complete the tournament in 1 sitting. The event might take 6+ hours. Make sure you have enough time before you sign up.
Thank you to our anonymous supporter, who contributed $1000 to ensure the longevity of our SpellForce 3 league!
Seeding is based on the Season 2 Ladder standings first, and the in-game Leaderboard standings second!
The total amount of tournament points is subject to change based on sign ups.
@Olvadi is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: $40| 218 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: $30| 165 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: $20| 128 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: $10| 98 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 37 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Platform: Steam, Epic or GoG. Other platforms are currently incompatible.
- Mode: Skirmish
- Objective: Capital Destruction
- Max heroes: 1
- Resource Abundance: x1
- Economy Multiplier: 100%
- Players must blind pick their race using this tool each game. Once joining the lobby, you must use the race you announced. You may switch races between games. Random race is allowed. Contact @Olvadi for race pick disputes.
- Higher seed player bans a map first, followed by the lower seed player. Alternate until the number of maps matches the size of the series.
- Lower seed player picks the starting map and hosts it.
- Host takes slot 1, other player takes slot 2.
- Valid maps: Ancient City, Bitter Canyon, Empyrian Coast, Evergreen Forest, Greykeep Gardens, Hard Rock, Jungle Crossroads, Fortress Stoneguard, Wasteland of Xu, Windwall Forest
- No cheating or exploits of any form.
Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there, with replays.
- Replays should be named with the following format: Round X - Player 1 Name vs Player 2 Name - Game #
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes and without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 player is ready and neither player is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a player wins via lateness penalties, the late player is disqualified.
No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- Ensure in-game names are not modified for color. You may symbols so long as your name remains readable.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
- Avoid using the "End Session" button, as this breaks spectating.
- Avoid using pauses, as this breaks spectating.
- Disconnected or crashed games may be re-hosted from saves, when possible. In the event a game appears decided, casters may call the winner, however.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamura with your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- You confirm that the account you provide is owned by you. We do not take responsibility for funds getting lost to third parties in the event of the account not belonging to you. We will not pay out to a known third party.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or Paypal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.
This tournament takes place during a war period. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia and Belarus.
In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
- Russian or Belarusian citizens are not affected by this if they reside in an un-sanctioned country, or have financial accounts in such a country able to receive payments.
- Affected prizes will be paid to a selected charity unrelated to the war, chosen by our staff.
- In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- We recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- 60s delay is required.
- You may cover any match. Please contact @Olvadi for approval.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- 90s delay is required.
- You cover any match. Please contact @Olvadi for approval.
- We request you wait with video uploads until the Meta Plays channel has posted its version of the identical match.