The second qualifier for for the 2v2 Amateur League Season 2! 1000 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
The tournament will take place on Saturday, June 17th, starting at 4 PM GMT. Brackets get locked at 3:45 PM GMT.
This tournament is a ONE DAY EVENT - please ensure you have enough time to play in 1 go.
For those looking to contribute to the main event, you may do so via our Donation Page, using the HW 2 option!
Seeding is based on 2v2 MMR - check yours here by searching for your Gamertag. To participate, your account:
- Must have 3.5 MMR or less in Ranked 2v2 War.
- Gamerscore in multiple games.
- Must have at least 500+ matches played.
- The Meta Plays team reserves the right to remove your sign up if you are deemed a high level player in other formats. We also reserve the right to allow players who slightly deviate from the above thresholds.
@_TheLegend_ is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: 435 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: 330 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: 225 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: 195 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 74 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- First map is picked by the higher seeded team.
- Losing team each game picks next map. Each map may only be played once.
- Valid maps: Ashes, Badlands, Bedrock, Fissures, Frontier, Mirage, Rift, Vault.
No repeat leaders in a series. No Voridus.
- Leader repeats are judged on a team level, not a player level.
- No double leaders.
- Accidental pick of Voridus results in loss.
No node strat - do not take nodes without the intent of killing Sentinels.
- Exception: you can draw the Sentinels to attack an enemy minibase or units, and still capture the node.
- Exception: Cannon Fodder can take nodes any way you want.
1 hour time limit.
- If base and slot building count is even/very close, and neither team has a large army advantage, the game is a draw.
- If one team has an army advantage, casters will send a final attack prompt. The outcome of this last attack determines whether a winner or a draw is called, based on the base/slot building count afterwards.
- If one team has a clear base and slot building count advantage and their opponent is not in a position to even out the game with the next attack, the team with more slot buildings wins.
- Replay match if the series ends on tie. The previous loser picks map in this case.
- No cheating or intentional exploiting of any form allowed.
- Games will be hosted by the higher seeded team when staff is not present.
- Casters will host if they are present.
- Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with money prizes without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 player is ready and neither team is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a team wins via lateness penalties, the late team is disqualified.
No harassment, discrimination, or cheating accusations against players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
Cheating accusations are meant to handled in private with Meta Plays staff.
- Stalling games after final staff decisions (e.g. via cheating accusation arguments) will result in lateness penalties.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Live coaching or any other external communication during matches is unacceptable and will result in a permanent ban from all Meta Plays events.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
In the event of a glitch where a building isn't building itself (the symbol preview never disappears):
Within the first 3 minutes of the game, the player must type into the game chat, or notify the casters in DMs.
Casters will need to confirm for validity.
- If the glitch is verified, an admin restart will be issued.
If the glitch is not verified, the game should continue.
- Resigning without admin permission will be counted as a loss.
- Casters will need to confirm for validity.
- Within the first 3 minutes of the game, the player must type into the game chat, or notify the casters in DMs.
In the event of a disconnection or crash:
If the game was relatively even:
- If all parties crash, re-play the game.
- The game doesn't count for score in the first instance. The player who didn't disconnect may choose a new map, and both players may choose a new leader.
- In the second instance, the player who didn't disconnect receives a point on the score board.
In the third instance, the player who didn't disconnect wins the series.
- If both sides crash 3 times, reset PC/Xbox and internet.
If a player was significantly ahead:
- Admin win is awarded for the match for all cases.
- In the third instance, the player who didn't disconnect wins the series.
- The Johnson/Jerome player loses.
- In the event of both players causing a crash, we will treat this case as a disconnect and follow rules around them.
- If the game was relatively even:
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS:
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- For casting, we recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- 60s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays. Please contact @_TheLegend_ for approval.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- 90s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays or Content Partners. Please contact @_TheLegend_ for approval.
- We request you wait with video uploads until the Meta Plays channel has posted its version of the identical match.