The first Monthly Tournament for Season 3 in Age of Mythology! $250 and 3750 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
We would like to thank @Flaco for his $150 contribution to this prize pool!
The tournament will take place on Saturday, July 30th, starting at 3 PM GMT. Brackets get locked at 2:45 PM GMT.
Please note this is a one day event. Make sure you have enough time before you sign up!
The total amount of tournament points is subject to change based on sign ups.
@fophuxake is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: $100 | 987 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: $75 | 724 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: $50 | 537 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: $25 | 387 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 148 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- 9-16th place: 67 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Use Age of Mythology: Extended Edition on Steam
- Use the Meta Plays Balance Mod.
- No repeats of a god you have won with (within a series). You can only win with the same god 1 time and must switch to another.
- First map per round is defined in the bracket.
- Losing player each game picks next map. Each map may only be played once.
- Valid maps: Alfheim, Anatolia, Arctic Craters, Blue Lagoon, Borderlands, Ghost Lake, Marsh, Mediterranean, Midgard, Oasis, Savannah, Tropical Mirage, Tundra, Watering Hole.
- 1 veto per player per series. Must be used before 1 minute.
No excessive wall connector spamming allowed.
- Connector spam to protect wonders
- Illegal placements around gold mines and Settlements
Acceptable cases include:
- 4 pieces around towers (including around your main base gold mine, if it blocks)
- 4 pieces to save dock builder
- Segments to seal off a gap that was meant to be walled
- Banned cases:
- No hunt deleting.
- No unnatural wall usage, such as deleting wall segments and setting up a gate network.
- No Gaia Forests around Gold Mines or Settlements.
- No cheating of any form.
- Games will be hosted by the higher seeded player.
- Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there, with replays.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes and without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 player is ready and neither player is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a player wins via lateness penalties, the late player is disqualified.
No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamura with your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- You confirm that the account you provide is owned by you. We do not take responsibility for funds getting lost to third parties in the event of the account not belonging to you. We will not pay out to a known third party.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or Paypal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.
This tournament takes place during a war period. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia and Belarus.
In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
- Russian or Belarusian citizens are not affected by this if they reside in an un-sanctioned country, or have financial accounts in such a country able to receive payments.
- Affected prizes will be paid to a selected charity unrelated to the war, chosen by our staff.
- In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- We recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- 60s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays. Please contact @fophuxake for approval.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- 90s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays or Content Partners. Please contact @fophuxake for approval.
- We request you wait with video uploads until the Meta Plays channel has posted its version of the identical match.