Firelancers

• Moderator (AoM)

Probably, as fire lances are technically classed as siege units (unlike destroyers)

8 hours ago, Hagrit said:

Probably, as fire lances are technically classed as siege units (unlike destroyers)

I thought they were more like gastraphetes, either way it makes it a siege unit with 4.8 speed, 5.2 ms with shennong. Feels kind of strange when a siege weapon is basically out running cav.

• Moderator (AoM)

ye it is, i adressed this in the balance mod by reducing the fire lance base speed from 4 to 3.6

• 3 months later...
  • Project Director
On 6/9/2018 at 2:18 AM, WizSanji said:

I thought they were more like gastraphetes, either way it makes it a siege unit with 4.8 speed, 5.2 ms with shennong. Feels kind of strange when a siege weapon is basically out running cav.

Mounted Archers and Fire Lancers are unique in that they both have dual unit types. Archers and Cavalry for Mounted Archers / Siege and Archer for Fire Lancers. This dual nature was intended to balance the unorthodox counter system and low population costs with the downside of taking bonus damage from a wider array of units. Naturally the initial numbers are nonsense, but as you already knew from the announce stream, Chinese were intentionally made too strong. Hagrit's balancing effort I think has proven that the design works.

NakaBannerTwitch.jpg.3b5d6930281ee1407d781d284a9a2664.jpg

9 hours ago, Nakamura said:

Mounted Archers and Fire Lancers are unique in that they both have dual unit types. Archers and Cavalry for Mounted Archers / Siege and Archer for Fire Lancers. This dual nature was intended to balance the unorthodox counter system and low population costs with the downside of taking bonus damage from a wider array of units. Naturally the initial numbers are nonsense, but as you already knew from the announce stream, Chinese were intentionally made too strong. Hagrit's balancing effort I think has proven that the design works. 

Do you kidding? No one picked Chinese on the previous two tournaments. What has been proven?