The first tournament for Season 1 in SpellForce 3! $200 and 2000 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
Starting on Saturday, January 22 at 5 PM GMT. Bracket will be locked at 4:45 PM GMT, making signing up impossible.
Please note this is a ONE DAY EVENT. You must complete the tournament in 1 sitting. The event might take 6+ hours. Make sure you have enough time before you sign up.
Seeding is based on in-game Leaderboard standings! We strongly recommend you get as high a placement as possible.
The total amount of tournament points is subject to change based on sign ups.
@Olvadi is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: $80 | 527 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: $60 | 387 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: $40 | 287 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: $20 | 207 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 80 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- 9-16th place: 37 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Platform: Steam. Other platforms are currently incompatible.
- Mode: Skirmish
- Objective: Capital Destruction
- Max heroes: 1
- Resource Abundance: x1
- Economy Multiplier: 100%
- Players must confirm their race pick to the manager (or caster if your game is streamed) before joining the lobby. Once joining the lobby, you must use the race you announced. You may switch races between games. Random race is allowed.
- Higher seed player bans a map first, followed by the lower seed player. Alternate until the number of maps matches the size of the series.
- Lower seed player picks the starting map and hosts it.
- Host takes slot 1, other player takes slot 2
- Valid maps: Ancient City, Bitter Canyon, Empyrian Coast, Evergreen Forest, Greykeep Gardens, Hard Rock, Jungle Crossroads, Fortress Stoneguard, Wasteland of Xu, Windwall Forest
- No cheating or exploits of any form.
- Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there, with replays.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
- Not showing up = late by over 10 minutes.
- Max 5 min break between games in a series. Exceptions for emergencies only. Unreasonable delays will result in a map loss every 5 min.
- No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You may stream your own matches, but a minimum of 60s delay is required.
- Third party casters may stream as well. Please contact @Olvadi for approval. 60s delay is required.
- Third party cast videos may be uploaded with a 1 day after Meta Plays uploads. Please contact @Olvadi for approval.
Advice for new casters: pause the game for 10-15 seconds at the start to ensure smoothness.
- Do not pause for too long, as the spectator connection may break when the game ends.
- If you are casting our event, please consider giving us a shout-out, and sharing the next tournament with your community.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamurawith your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or Paypal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.