The first Hands-Off 2v2 Tournament for Season 3 in Age of Mythology! $150 and 2250 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
Huge thank you to @Kilty and @joeybadz for donating $100 and $50 to the prize pool respectively!
Sign ups will close Friday, August 26th, at 2 PM GMT.
From this point, teams must complete each round within 1 week.
Seeding is based on TG Supremacy Elo (team average).
The total amount of tournament points is subject to change based on sign ups.
@fophuxake is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to her on Discord, or @ her in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: $60 | 625 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: $40 | 494 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: $30 | 382 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: $20 | 292 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 109 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Use Age of Mythology: The Titans on Voobly.
- Game mod: Voobly Balance Patch 5.0 Blind Pick.
No repeats of a god you have won with (within a series). You can only win with the same god 1 time and must switch to another.
- Your team mate may NOT re-pick a god their team mate has won with.
- Higher seeded team may ban 1 map.
- First map per round is picked by the lower seeded team.
- Losing team each game picks next map. Each map may only be played once.
- Valid maps: Alfheim, Anatolia, Blue Lagoon, Ghost Lake, Marsh, Mediterranean, Midgard, Oasis, Savannah, Tundra, Watering Hole
- 1 veto per team per series. Must be used before 1 minute.
No excessive wall connector spamming allowed.
- Connector spam to protect wonders
- Illegal placements around gold mines and Settlements
Acceptable cases include:
- 4 pieces around towers (including around your main base gold mine, if it blocks)
- 4 pieces to save dock builder
- Segments to seal off a gap that was meant to be walled
- Banned cases:
- No hunt deleting.
- No unnatural wall usage, such as deleting wall segments and setting up a gate network.
- No Gaia Forests around Gold Mines or Settlements.
- No cheating of any form.
- Games will be hosted by the higher seeded player when staff is not present.
- Casters will host if they are present.
- Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there, with replays.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes and without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 team is ready and neither team is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a team wins via lateness penalties, the late player is disqualified.
No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamura with your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- You confirm that the account you provide is owned by you. We do not take responsibility for funds getting lost to third parties in the event of the account not belonging to you. We will not pay out to a known third party.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or PayPal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.
This tournament takes place during a war period. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia and Belarus.
In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
- Russian or Belarusian citizens are not affected by this if they reside in an un-sanctioned country, or have financial accounts in such a country able to receive payments.
- Affected prizes will be paid to a selected charity unrelated to the war, chosen by our staff.
- In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- We recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- 60s delay is required.
- You will be considered as main streams for this event. Please contact @fophuxake for approval.
- 90s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Content Partners. Please contact @fophuxake for approval.