The second qualifier for for the 2v2 Amateur League Season 1! 1000 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
The tournament will take place on Saturday, February 18th, starting at 4 PM GMT. Brackets get locked at 3:45 PM GMT.
This tournament is a ONE DAY EVENT - please ensure you have enough time to play in 1 go.
For those looking to contribute to the main event, you may do so via our Donation Page, using the HW 2 option!
Seeding is based on 2v2 MMR - check yours here by searching for your Gamertag. To participate, your account:
- Must have 3.0 MMR or less.
- Gamerscore in multiple games.
Must have at least one of the below:
- Account age must be over 6 months.
- 300+ matches played.
- The Meta Plays team reserves the right to remove your sign up if you are deemed a high level player in other formats.
@_TheLegend_ is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: 272 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: 202 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: 152 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: 112 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-6th place: 75 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- 5-6th place: 59 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Higher seeded team may veto 1 map per series.
- First map is picked by the lower seeded team.
- Once the map is picked, each team may ban 1 leader per series. The higher seed should veto first.
- Losing team each game picks next map. Each map may only be played once.
- Valid maps: Ashes, Badlands, Bedrock, Fissures, Frontier, Mirage, Rift, Vault.
No repeat leaders in a series. No Voridus.
- Leader repeats are judged on a team level, not a player level.
- No double leaders.
- Accidental pick of banned leaders or Voridus results in loss.
No node strat - do not take nodes without the intent of killing Sentinels.
- Exception: you can draw the Sentinels to attack an enemy minibase or units, and still capture the node.
- Exception: Cannon Fodder can take nodes any way you want.
1 hour time limit.
- If base and slot building count is even/very close, and neither team has a large army advantage, the game is a draw.
- If one team has an army advantage, casters will send a final attack prompt. The outcome of this last attack determines whether a winner or a draw is called, based on the base/slot building count afterwards.
- If one team has a clear base and slot building count advantage and their opponent is not in a position to even out the game with the next attack, the team with more slot buildings wins.
- Replay match if the series ends on tie. The previous loser picks map in this case.
- No cheating or intentional exploiting of any form allowed.
- Games will be hosted by the higher seeded team when staff is not present.
- Casters will host if they are present.
- Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes and without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 player is ready and neither team is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a team wins via lateness penalties, the late team is disqualified.
No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- Live coaching or any other external communication during matches is unacceptable and will result in a permanent ban from all Meta Plays events.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious sign-ups.
- In the event of player lag disputes, players must submit speedtest results. The event manager will make a judgement call.
In the event of a disconnection or crash:
If the game was relatively even:
- If all parties crash, re-play the game.
- The game doesn't count for score in the first instance. The team who didn't disconnect may choose a new map, and both teams may choose new leaders.
- In the second instance, the team who didn't disconnect receives a point on the score board.
In the third instance, the team who didn't disconnect wins the series.
- If both sides crash 3 times, reset PC/Xbox and internet.
If a team was significantly ahead:
- Admin win is awarded for the match for all cases.
- In the third instance, the team who didn't disconnect wins the series.
- The team with Johnson/Jerome loses.
- In the event of both teams causing a crash, we will treat this case as a disconnect and follow rules around them.
- If the game was relatively even:
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamura with your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- You confirm that the account you provide is owned by you. We do not take responsibility for funds getting lost to third parties in the event of the account not belonging to you. We will not pay out to a known third party.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or Paypal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.
This tournament takes place during a war period. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia and Belarus.
In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
- Russian or Belarusian citizens are not affected by this if they reside in an un-sanctioned country, or have financial accounts in such a country able to receive payments.
- Affected prizes will be paid to a selected charity unrelated to the war, chosen by our staff.
- In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS:
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- For casting, we recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- 60s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays. Please contact @_TheLegend_ for approval.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- 90s delay is required.
- You may stream matches that aren't marked to be covered by Meta Plays or Content Partners. Please contact @_TheLegend_ for approval.
- We request you wait with video uploads until the Meta Plays channel has posted its version of the identical match.