We are very pleased to announce Season 3 for our SpellForce 3 Tournament League!
This season features large changes compared to past ones:
All of the league's prize pool is concentrated in the main event.
- Especially with community contributions, we can generate more hype for the main event.
- The larger prize pool will help eliminate unnecessary forfeits, as there is more on the line.
- Top players won't necessarily have to commit to playing all qualifiers if their schedule is busy.
- This system allows us to get all these benefits for a similar investment.
- The season's length will be 4 months, down from 6.
- Each tournament will be a one day event.
- For the Main Event, we will invite the top 8 by ladder points from the qualifiers.
We will rebrand the event names.
- The Main League will now be referred to as a Pro League.
- The Skirmish League will now be referred to as an Amateur League.
- Instead of Monthlies, we are now calling them Qualifiers. Each named after the main event.
- We will refer to the season finale as the Main Event. The lore-like theming will remain.
Introducing "Paragon's Return" Pro League:
Paragon's Return Qualifier 1 - Single Elimination - 1000 Ladder Points - February 25- One day event
Paragon's Return Qualifier 2 - Double Elimination - 1000 Ladder Points - March 25 - One day event
Paragon's Return Qualifier 3 - Single Elimination - 1000 Ladder Points - April 15 - One day event
Paragon's Return Main Event - $500 + Community Donations, Double Elimination - May 14 - One day event
How the Season Works
Each tournament comes with Meta Plays Ladder Points. These points go towards the corresponding ladder. Based on your position in the ladder, we assign you to a "Class" - one of D(lowest), C, B, A and S(highest). The classes give you a badge and will be featured on your Tournament Profile. For the Main Event, we will only take our own ladder into account for your seeding. Check out the Class icons below.
The top 4 players will also receive medals corresponding with their final placement in each Tournament. While qualifiers are generic, the Main Event will receive custom medals.
For additional info, please check our Tournament and Ladder explainer posts!
Give Us The Numbers
Based on the number and quality of signed up players, we modify the number of total points that a tournament can provide. Our guidelines for this are below:
Base value: 10x Prize pool in USD (or monetary value in prizes).
- For qualifiers the base value is 1000.
For any class exclusion combination, remove 10% points per class removed.
- S+A Class only tournaments are excluded from this ruling on a case-by-case basis.
The number of players in the tournaments will scale the points in the following way:
- 4-8: -50%
- 9-15: -25%
- 16-23: no change
- 24-31: +50%
- 32-47: +75%
- 48-64: +100%
- You can review the point spread between player placements using our Tournament Point Calculator.
Can I Host Tournaments Too?
Yes! We are in fact looking for additional Content Partners that are willing to contribute to our Seasonal Ladders, or cover events that we may not be able to.
You can apply as a content partner here.
We are Struggling with SpellForce 3
We won't sugar coat it - our live stream viewership has been extremely low for SpellForce 3. In Age of Mythology and Halo Wars 2 we have been getting around 80+ average live viewers, and some notable community support, while in SpellForce 3, we are looking at barely 20 average viewers, and very little revenue on all fronts. This means we are bleeding project budget more so than with the other games, by far.
We will do what we can on our side to grow the competitive community, but ultimately this will be an uphill battle and will need your help to succeed.
Can I Help Meta Plays Directly?
For any of you looking to support our project, the best way to do so is becoming a subscriber on the website. This is a monthly recurring payment that you get perks and exclusive news for. The more goals we hit, the easier and safer it is for us to keep the project going.
We are also currently looking for Moderators to join our team, so that we can keep our chats, discords and website a pleasant and friendly environment for all. You can apply here.
Where To Watch
We will live stream the main events on our Twitch, and VoDs will be available on our YouTube.
Community casters will have access to cover any and all matches even live, since SpellForce 3 does not have a spectator limit.
We also provide replay packs that may be used for replay casts or learning purposes.
That is pretty much it! Let us know what you think in the comments below, join us on Discord for real-time chats, and we will see you on the battlefield!
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.