The first tournament for Season 1 in Age of Empires IV! $100 and 1500 Meta Plays Ladder Points are up for grabs.
Starting on Friday, August 19 at 6 PM GMT. Bracket will be locked at 5:45 PM GMT, making signing up impossible.
Please ensure you are in our Discord by lock time, as we will kick missing players from the tournament.
Please note this is a ONE DAY EVENT. You must complete the tournament in 1 sitting. The event might take 6+ hours. Make sure you have enough time before you sign up.
The total amount of tournament points is subject to change based on sign ups.
@Olvadi is the manager for this tournament. For any questions, concerns or requests, please reach out to him on Discord, or @ him in the comments here (if not urgent).
- 1st place: $40 | 395 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Gold Medal Icon
- 2nd place: $30 | 290 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Silver Medal Icon
- 3rd place: $20 | 215 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Bronze Medal Icon
- 4th place: $10 | 155 Meta Plays Ladder Points | Copper Medal Icon
- 5-8th place: 60 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- 9-16th place: 27 Meta Plays Ladder Points
- Mode: Standard
- Win Conditions: All
- Tuning Pack: None
- Display Player Scores: No
- Starting Resources: Standard
- Starting Age: Age 1
- Map State: Concealed
- Map Size: Micro
- Higher seeded player may veto 1 map per series.
- First map is picked by the lower seeded player.
- Losing player each game picks next map. Each map may only be played once.
- Official maps: Altai, Ancient Spires, Dry Arabia, High View, Hill and Dale, Lipany
- Community maps: Frisian Marshes, Four Lakes, Holy Island
- Each player has 1 restart per series for map generation before the 3-minute mark.
Players must blind pick their civ using this tool each game (after the map is selected).
- Once joining the lobby, you must use the civ you announced.
- Random civ is not allowed.
- Contact @Olvadi for civ pick disputes.
- No repeats of a civ you have won with (within a series). You can only win with the same civ 1 time and must switch to another.
- No cheating or exploits of any form.
- No stone walls in Age 2.
- All matches must be observable and have at a 2-minute in-game delay.
- Each player has 1 restart for crashes before the 10-minute mark.
If any crashes happen after 10 minutes, the replay will be reviewed if necessary with the following potential outcomes:
- If both players crash: A restart is made.
- If the Advantaged player crashed: The player is entitled to a restart.
- If the disadvantaged player crashed: The player is given a loss.
- If the state of advantage is unclear: The map is deemed a draw and a new map & civilizations draft is made.
- Games will be hosted by the higher seeded player.
Participants must be in the Meta Plays Discord. Report match results there.
- Players not present in our Discord will be kicked after we lock the tournament.
- Do not sign up with smurfs. Match all account usernames. We will remove suspicious/impossible to find sign-ups.
Forfeiting/not showing up to any match with prizes and without notice will result in disqualification and you forfeiting the prizes.
- 1 rescheduling opportunity is granted when external conditions force it. There will not be a second rescheduling.
- Forfeiting players that break rules on any of our platforms, or do so out of malicious intent will be banned from the next event.
- Repeat offenders will receive a ban from the entire season. There will not be a fourth chance after the season-long ban expires.
Penalties for not showing up:
- Timer starts when 1 player is ready and neither player is currently playing a match.
Late by over 10 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win.
- This is the wait time BEFORE a series begins.
- BETWEEN games in a series, the lateness limit is 5 minutes.
- Late by additional 5 minutes: opponent gains 1 match win for each 5 min.
- Once a player wins via lateness penalties, the late player is disqualified.
No harassment or discrimination of players/viewers/staff on any of our platforms.
- You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
No excessively derogatory messaging targeting our staff on any platform.
- This will result in a permanent ban on all Meta Plays platforms.
- Win trading will result in forfeit. Do your best to win. You may resign if you are clearly losing.
- No account sharing. You will be disqualified, forfeit of prizes in this event, and be permanently banned from all event participation.
- You will be paid approximately 2-5 work days after the event.
Please reach out to @Nakamura with your payment information after the event.
- If you do not provide payment information despite requests within 60 days after the event, you forfeit the prize money.
- You confirm that the account you provide is owned by you. We do not take responsibility for funds getting lost to third parties in the event of the account not belonging to you. We will not pay out to a known third party.
- We can pay out via bank transfers or Paypal. We do not pay out via other methods.
- We do not pay extra to cover transfer fees.
This tournament takes place during a war period. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia and Belarus.
In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
- Russian or Belarusian citizens are not affected by this if they reside in an un-sanctioned country, or have financial accounts in such a country able to receive payments.
- Affected prizes will be paid to a selected charity unrelated to the war, chosen by our staff.
- In light of NATO sanctions against Russia and Belarus, we are not able to pay out prizes to Russian and Belarusian competitors residing in Russia or Belarus.
LIVE STREAMING & VIDEOS
- You may stream all of your own matches.
- You are required to feature the provided Meta Plays Logo over gameplay at all times.
- We request you give Meta Plays one shout-out mid-commentary, such as an invitation to make an account on the site.
- We recommend you use the Meta Plays Casting Tool for the best viewer experience.
- You may cover any match. Please contact @Olvadi for approval.
- You may upload videos at your leisure.
- You cover any match. Please contact @Olvadi for approval.
- We request you wait with video uploads until the Meta Plays channel has posted its version of the identical match.